About this Blog:
Currently under construction, but coming soon! In the meantime, I will be posting occasionally. Feel free to browse through some of my older posts! -Michelle (3/24/14)
“Good Morning Monday” posts are something that I hope will help you to begin each week on a positive note!
“Friendship Friday” posts are something I do because I have some seriously incredible friends. And I believe in each of them a lot! This is one way I get to show them I love and support them. On “Friendship Fridays”, I will introduce you to one of my friends and interview them about what they are doing with their life; and the journey they have been on thus far to do what they do and become who they are. I hope you are as inspired as I am by some of their stories and accomplishments. If you are interested in becoming a friend of mine, connect with me! I don’t believe a person can ever have too many friends!
“Fearless Friday” posts are posted when “Friendship Friday” posts are not. These posts will include an “Instagram Challenge” that Fearless LA introduced in September 2013: go up to people and ask them what they would do if they had no fear, then post it on Instagram (or FaceBook) and hashtag “fearlessla”. The posts may include more in depth stories of random people I encounter as I ask them what they would do if they had no fear. The “Fearless Friday” posts may also include something exciting that is happening with my church, Fearless LA.
- Lover (of Jesus, People, Life & Culture)
- Daughter, Sister & Proud Auntie
- Life-Long Friend (If we become friends, you won’t be able to get rid of me very easily. I’ll be your biggest fan for life & love you even when it hurts.)
- Self-Professed Nerd
- Creative & Administrative
- Reader & Writer
- Theater Goer (live theater or movie theater, I’m a fan of both!)
- Music Enthusiast (and by extension, Concert Goer)
- Actor, Playwright, Director, Singer (I do all four for our children’s ministry at Fearless LA! If you have kids, I’d love to hang out with them at one of our services!)
- Event Coordinator & Production Manager (I love people and am a huge fan of anything that encourages community by putting a lot of people in one place; especially if the purpose of that event is to bring God glory.) [I’ve also done a bit of this for Fearless via our annual Fearless Conferences (previously called “Ammunition Conference”).]
- Marketing Geek (Good marketing makes me excited, bad marketing makes me want to help. Currently doing a bit of marketing for Bebop Fuzz.)
- Disney Lover
- Musical Theater Enthusiast
- Avid Supporter of Freedom and Justice
- Language Lover (currently taking on Spanish & French)
- Hiker (obsessed with my LA hiking spots)
- Travel Lover
- Barista (I love good coffee and tea. I also love the way coffee and tea bring people together.)
- I have three places I call “home”: Texas, Northern California and Los Angeles
- Angeleno Transplant (I live and love in Los Angeles, but was not born or raised here)
A little more about me…
Every day I fall deeper in love with my Creator. Every breath I take was His to begin with and I desire to live like I know it. I care about everything and love everyone. No, you don’t get it. I really love you! Not because I have a ton of love to give and forgive every offense on my own because I’m just that great; but because I have a Lover who died for me while I was still a sinner [Rom 5:8]. I have accepted His grace, been romanced by His perfect love and can’t imagine a better thing to do with the gift I have been so freely given than to share it! If you want to know more about me, or my relationship with God, feel free to let me know! My desire is to live a life that helps bring Malachi 1:11 to pass while leaving a Romans 1:8 legacy.
I have a rather large family. When we are all together there are seven of us. My parents spread us out over a time span of 18 years, and I am the oldest of the five children. Needless to say, I helped raise the last three. I also have a wonderful sister-in-love and beautiful niece, bringing my family count to a wonderful number nine! I am a huge family person, and even with all of their quirks I would not have them any other way.
I also have the honor of being part of an amazing ministry called Fearless International. In 2013, we planted a church (called Fearless LA) in Los Angeles, California. In September 2013, we began having weekly services, and in January 2014, we launched a second service! I am so blessed and honored to be part of what God is doing at Fearless and would love for you to check it out! (Also, LA Weekly wrote an article about our church. You can get an “outside” perspective of what we’re doing there!)
I talk too loud, laugh too much, sing or hum constantly, move around all the time, get impatient in traffic, long lines and when reading instructions…I’m imperfect, but perfectly loved. I am His beloved, and my goal in life is that you would know that you are His beloved too.